Could you be the next Editor-in-Chief of Journal of American College Health?
Journal of American College Health is looking for a new Editor-in-Chief, who is actively working within the field of college health, such as clinical medicine, mental health, health promotion or counselling services as well as possessing the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. It is a high-profile position requiring a time commitment that is significant but that can be successfully incorporated into a busy academic career.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. He, or she, will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. The new Editor-in-Chief will also be responsible for maintaining and nurturing the inter-disciplinary nature of Journal of American College Health.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. Taylor & Francis will also organize regular board meetings, and we will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilizes an online editorial office system, ScholarOne Manuscripts.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying? Here are the requirements, skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
- Applicants must be a current member of the American College Health Association (ACHA)
- Applicants must be actively working within the field of college health, such as clinical medicine, mental health or counselling services
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief please forward your CV, a cover letter and a vision statement to the Managing Editor at Taylor & Francis: Rachel Smitley, firstname.lastname@example.org. Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board and Associate Editors
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors
The application deadline for this role is 1st March 2018.