Deadline for applications: 1 September 2017
In July 2013, the Journal of Sports Sciences (JSS) was the first Taylor and Francis journal to create the role of Social Media Editor. Since then the JSS Twitter account has gone from strength-to-strength to the point where it now has almost 30,000 followers. Over the course of almost four years the JSS Twitter account ’tweet reach' has increased to over 5 million hits. After four years at the helm, the first and current Social Media Editor, Dr Grant Abt, has decided he would now like to devote more time to strategic aspects rather than the day-to-day role. We therefore now seek a new Social Media Editor to run the day-to-day operations and to work with Dr Abt to develop the JSS social media presence across multiple platforms. The new Social Media Editor requires the following attributes:
- To be a current postgraduate student or academic staff member of a recognised higher education institution.
- To have an interest in social media (multiple platforms).
- To have an interest in the use of technology for both personal and professional use.
- To have a demonstrated ability to create digital content using a variety of devices, hardware, and software.
- To have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- To be trustworthy and responsible.
- Ideally, to be either a student member or full member of BASES.
- Given the 24/7 nature of online content, the time to be available to engage with our followers at all hours of the day and weekends.
- Their own modern smartphone.
- Their own desktop or laptop computer.
The successful applicant will receive:
- Initial training with Dr Abt in order to fulfil the demands of the role.
- Ongoing support and strategic meetings held twice per year.
- An honorarium of £1000 per year (starting from 2018).
To apply please send via email a brief CV (two-page maximum) and cover letter to Dr Grant Abt (email@example.com) and Alejandra Leach-Núñez (firstname.lastname@example.org) - JSS Managing Editor at Routledge, Taylor & Francis - outlining how you meet the attributes listed above and your vision for the future of JSS on social media. The deadline for applications will be 1 September 2017, with the new Social Media Editor to take up their role from 1 October 2017. Please note that due to the expected volume of submissions, only the successful applicant will be contacted.