The Journal of Sports Sciences has an international reputation for publishing articles of a high standard and is both Medline and Clarivate Analytics-listed. The Social and Behavioural Sciences section publishes original work associated with the following areas of scientific investigation: psychology; neuroscience; motor control and learning; motor behaviour; and expert performance. The work will have clear theoretical and applied implications and ideally have implications beyond the domains of sport and exercise.
We are looking for an Associate Editor with an academic background in Social and Behavioural Sport Science, as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. The role is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will have input on the editorial oversight and decision-making process on submissions to the Social and Behavioural Sciences section. She, or he, will work with a team two other Associate Editors, under the direction of an Executive Editor, and have authority to suggest articles for acceptance articles following successful peer review. She, or he, will also ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. There will be an agreed handover period with the out-going Associate Editor to ensure seamless transition.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover journal-related expenses. The Executive Editor will arrange an annual Social and Behavioural Sciences section meeting. Taylor & Francis will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal uses an Editorial Manager online editorial office system.
Becoming the Associate Editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying?
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks;
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions;
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner;
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as the Social and Behavioural Sciences Executive Editor and additional Associate Editors, and the Editor-in-Chief.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 30 November. The role will formally begin from 1 January 2019.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of JSS Social and Behavioural Sciences Associate Editor, please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to the journal’s Managing Editor, Alejandra Leach-Nunez (Alejandra.email@example.com). Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it;
- How you would work in partnership with the Executive Editor, the additional Social and Behavioural Sciences Associate Editors, the Editor-in-Chief, and the Editorial Board;
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions;
- How you would work with authors.