Welcome to the Critical Asian Studies - Association for Asian Studies (AAS) conference resource page!
To mark the fiftieth anniversary of Critical Asian Studies and the Committee for Concerned Asian Scholars, we will be hosting a number of events during the 2018 AAS conference including:
- Roundtable: Asian Studies, Advocacy, and the Academy: Legacies of 1968. The Elliott School of International Affairs, George Washington University, Wednesday March 21, 3:00-5:00pm
- Meet the Editor Session with Robert J. Shepherd at the Critical Asian Studies booth (#500), Friday March 23, 1:00 – 3:00pm
- Meet the CCAS Archivist Session with Chen Xi at the Critical Asian Studies booth (#500), Friday March 23, 3:00 – 4:00pm
- 50th Anniversary Roundtable: Fifty Years of Tilting at Mainstream Scholarship on Asia. Panel 282 in the Roosevelt Room 2, Exhibit Level, Saturday March 24, 3:00 - 5:00pm
- 50th Anniversary Reception. Petits Plats restaurant, Saturday March 24, 5:30 – 7:30pm
- Critical Asian Studies booth. We will be available at booth #500 for the entire conference. Drop by to find out more about the Journal and its history!
Further information about these events can be found below, along with a selection of free-access articles that reflect on the journal’s history and future.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference.
Where: Marriott Wardman Park, Washington D.C.
When: March 22 – 25, 2018
Wednesday, March 21, 3–5 pm
Lindner Commons, Room 602, The Elliott School of International Affairs
The year 1968 was marked by student protests worldwide, the assassinations of the…
The Critical Asian Studies Editor, Robert J. Shepherd, and UC- San Diego librarian and archivist Chen Xi, who is working on a digital archive project of the Committee of Concerned Asian Scholars (CCAS), will be available at the Critical…
Critical Asian Studies Fiftieth Anniversary Roundtable - Fifty Years of Tilting at Mainstream Scholarship on Asia: The Past and Future of Asian Studies
3 pm–5 pm, March 24
Panel 282, Roosevelt Room 2, Exhibit Level
Casting off the…
All AAS attendees are cordially invited to an open drinks reception celebrating the 50th anniversary of Critical Asian Studies and the Committee of Concerned Asian Scholars.
The reception will be held at Petits Plats restaurant, located…
Critical Asian Studies board members will be participating in a range of panels and roundtable discussions throughout the conference. Details of where to find them can be found below, while full listings are available in the AAS…
The following articles are free to read until April 30, 2018.