Journal of Interprofessional Care disseminates research and new developments in the field of interprofessional education and practice. Areas of practice covered include primary, community and hospital care, health education and public health, and beyond health and social care into fields such as criminal justice and primary/elementary education. The journal has a 2016 Impact Factor of 2.205 and a 5-Year Impact Factor of 2.456.
We are looking for a new Editor-in-Chief with the passion to drive the journal forward. It is a significant role, with a high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. He or she, will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics.
Taylor & Francis will provide an annual honoraria payment for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. Taylor & Francis will also support regular board meetings, and we will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilises an online editorial office system, ScholarOne Manuscripts.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
Deadline for applications is 31st July 2018. The role will formally begin from 1st January 2019.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply for the position of Editor-in-Chief please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to Melody Harris, Managing Editor at email@example.com.
Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors