Would you like to be the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Dietary Supplements?
Journal of Dietary Supplements is a leading voice for anyone working with dietary supplements. The journal addresses important issues that meet a broad range of interests from researchers, regulators, marketers, educators, and healthcare professionals. We are looking for a new Editor-in-Chief with a background in the dietary supplement field as well as the passion to drive the journal forward in an exciting period of change. It is a significant role, with high profile, but one that is achievable within a continuing busy working academic timetable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision-making on submissions. He, or she, will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that reviewers and authors adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics. There will be an agreed handover period with the out-going Editor-in-Chief to ensure seamless transition.
Taylor & Francis will provide remuneration for the role to cover any journal-related expenses. Taylor & Francis will also organise regular board meetings, and we will supply annual reports reflecting on the performance of the Journal. The Journal utilises a ScholarOne online editorial office system for all manuscript submissions and reviews.
Becoming the editor of a journal is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your own networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and be recognized as a leading figure within the academic community.
Interested in applying? Here are the skills and attributes we would be looking for in a successful applicant:
- Someone who is active in the community with strong personal networks
- Confidence to engage with authors and researchers to solicit the highest quality submissions
- Strong organizational skills to ensure that submissions are handled in a timely manner
- The ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues such as Associate Editors
The role will formally begin from June 1, 2018.
Submitting your Application
If you would like to apply please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it
- How you would work in partnership with the editorial board
- How you would maintain and increase the quality of submissions
- How you would work with authors