Future Directions Launch Award: Recognizing Promising Early Career Scientists in Mental Health
The Future Directions Launch Award recognizes early career scientists conducting research in the Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology (JCCAP) Future Directions Forum Future Directions Address topics covered each year (i.e., one awardee for each of the following Future Directions Address topics: suicide and self-injury, conduct problems, and assessment). The Future Directions Launch Award was created to serve as a capstone to the academic training of its recipients—a signal to the field and larger public that they are on a direct path to developing independent research careers.
The Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology (JCCAP) are pleased to announce the recipients of the inaugural award.
Winners of the Future Directions Launch Award 2017
- Taylor A. Burke (Temple University)
- Tess K. Drazdowski (Virginia Commonwealth University)
- Sunhye Bai (University of California at Los Angeles)
During the award ceremony, awardees gave TED Talk-style presentations about their work, which are recorded and available to watch now. Visit the Future Directions Forum website to read more and watch the presentations.
Future Directions Launch Award Committee
- Catherine P. Bradshaw (University of Virginia)
- Andres De Los Reyes (University of Maryland at College Park)
- Matthew K. Nock (Harvard University)
- Wendy K. Silverman (Yale University)
- Eric A. Youngstrom (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)