Attention all amateur weather photographers! Enter your best weather photos in the 2018 Weatherwise Photography Contest. Winners will be featured in the September/October 2018 issue. One grand prize, one first prize, two second prizes, three third prizes, and several honourable mention prizes will be awarded*. All winners receive a one-year subscription to the only magazine about the weather - Weatherwise. Send in your entries today!
- Photos must be the property of the entrant and may not have been nationally published or be under consideration for publication or prizes elsewhere. Photos may not be digitally altered.
- The contest is open to all Weatherwise readers except professional photographers. Taylor & Francis employees and contractors and their families are not eligible.
- Entries must be submitted digitally and accompanied by the signed form below along with a brief note of the subject, location, and date of each photograph. High-resolution digital images are required with a minimum of 300 dpi and 4 x 6 dimensions. Entries should be submitted to email@example.com. Electronic entries that are not of high enough resolution to be published in the magazine will be disqualified.
- All winning photographs will be retained by Weatherwise and displayed on its Web site. Weatherwise and Taylor & Francis also retain the right to use winning photos for their own editorial or promotional purposes without compensation to the photographer but will credit the photographer with any such use after publication of the September/October 2018 issue. In addition, Weatherwise, at its discretion, retains the right to provide the winning photos to outside organizations that wish to publish or display them. In this instance, Weatherwise will require that the photos appear with credit to the photographer as well as to Weatherwise magazine.
- Nonwinning photos will not be returned to entrants. Weatherwise retains the right to use any nonwinning photos for its own editorial or promotional purposes without compensation to the photographer.
- Entries must be submitted by June 10th, 2018. Late entries will be held for the 2019 contest. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Void where prohibited by law.
Some of the donated prizes may not be available for non-U.S. markets or international delivery. In these cases, the selected winner will, to the best of our ability, be provided with a prize suitable for non-U.S. markets and delivery. Import duty and taxes may be applied to prizes received outside of the U.S.