Journal of Modern Optics now has a reduced Gold Open Access APC* fee of US$700.
Benefits of publishing open access with the journal include:
- Your final published article can be read online and downloaded by everyone
- Potential increased usage and citations for your work
For more information about submitting an article to the journal here
About Journal of Modern Optics
We publish original contributions to optical knowledge from educational institutions, government establishments and industrial R&D groups world-wide.
The whole field of classical and quantum optics is covered.
Papers may deal with the applications of fundamentals of modern optics, considering both experimental and theoretical aspects of contemporary research.
In addition to regular papers, there are topical and tutorial reviews, and special issues on highlighted areas.
All manuscript submissions are subject to initial appraisal by the Editor, and, if found suitable for further consideration, to peer review by independent, anonymous expert referees.
General topics covered include:
• Optical and photonic materials (inc. metamaterials)
• Plasmonics and nanophotonics
• Quantum optics (inc. quantum information)
• Optical instrumentation and technology (inc. detectors, metrology, sensors, lasers)
• Coherence, propagation, polarization and manipulation (classical optics)
• Scattering and holography (diffractive optics)
• Optical fibres and optical communications (inc. integrated optics, amplifiers)
• Vision science and applications
• Medical and biomedical optics
• Nonlinear and ultrafast optics (inc. harmonic generation, multiphoton spectroscopy)
• Imaging and Image processing
To find out more, visit the Journal of Modern Optics' Homepage
*Terms & Conditions
To be eligible for the offer, authors must declare their intention to make their article Open Access at the reduced rate APC (Article Publishing Charge) to firstname.lastname@example.org while their article is in press.
These articles will be published in a supplement issue of the Journal and therefore Special Issue articles are exempt from this offer.
However, all articles published in past volumes (2014 volume and earlier) are eligible for the discount APC at any time.