Science and Technology of Advanced Materials (STAM) is the leading open access, international journal for outstanding research articles across all aspects of materials science. The journal covers a broad spectrum of materials science research including:
- Functional materials,
- Synthesis and processing,
- Theoretical analyses,
- Characterization and properties of materials.
Emphasis is placed on the interdisciplinary nature of materials science and issues at the forefront of the field, such as energy and environmental issues, as well as medical and bioengineering applications.
Of particular interest are research papers on the following topics:
- Nanostructured/nanoscale materials and nanodevices
- Biological, biomedical and bio-inspired materials, novel technologies for clinical and medical applications
- Materials for energy and environment (including materials for environmental remediation, materials for power generation and storage, next generation photovoltaics, materials for low carbon, green infrastructure, etc).
We hope you will enjoy reading these specially selected Editor's Choice Articles.
Stay up to date with the journal by signing up for their table of content alerts!
Exploration of new superconductors and functional materials, and fabrication of superconducting tapes and wires of iron pnictides
- Hideo Hosono, Keiichi Tanabe, Eiji Takayama-Muromachi, Hiroshi Kageyama, Shoji Yamanaka, Hiroaki Kumakura, Minoru Nohara, Hidenori Hiramatsu & Satoru Fujitsu
- Ji-Guang Li & Yoshio Sakka
Recent progress on magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles: synthesis, surface functional strategies and biomedical applications
- Wei Wu, Zhaohui Wu, Taekyung Yu, Changzhong Jiang & Woo-Sik Kim
- Yoshiaki Agawa, Hiroyuki Tanaka, Shigemitsu Torisu, Satoshi Endo, Akihiro Tsujimoto, Narishi Gonohe, Victor Malgras, Ali Aldalbahi, Saad M Alshehri, Yuichiro Kamachi, Cuiling Li & Yusuke Yamauchi
- Jin Cui, Huailiang Yuan, Junpeng Li, Xiaobao Xu, Yan Shen, Hong Lin & Mingkui Wang