Open for applications: 2017 SubCue Dataloggers Award for the Best Research Using Data Loggers to Measure Body Temperature ($2,000)
This prize is for the best article that reports original data obtained using implantable data loggers (by any manufacturer) for measuring body temperature. The winner will be selected by the Editorial Board on February 28, 2018. All Research Papers, Priority Reports, and Methods Papers published in Temperature during 2017 (any issue) will be considered. The number of times each article was cited (as determined by Google Scholar) will be taken into account. The corresponding author of the winning article will be notified in March of 2018. The prize can be divided between the authors, and the corresponding author will instruct the Editor-in-Chief on how to cut the check(s). The winners are responsible for any applicable fees and taxes.
This award is generously provided by SubCue Dataloggers. To learn more about SubCue Dataloggers’ products, please click here. Any questions should be addressed to the Editor-in-Chief.
Join us in celebrating the winners of the 2014, 2015, and 2016 Temperature Awards!
- First Prize, $700 Awarded to Dr. Boris R. M. Kingma (Temperature 1(2): 142-149, 2014)
- Second Prize, $300 Awarded to Dr. Assaf Yacobi (Temperature 1(1): 57-65, 2014)
- The winners and their papers are featured in this editorial.
- First Prize, $2,000 Awarded to Michael J. Farrell, David Trevaks, and Robin M. McAllen (Temperature 1(2): 135-141, 2014)
- Honorable mention, Alexandra Mikó, Péter Balla, Judit Tenk, Márta Balaskó, Szilvia Soós, Miklós Székely, Susanne Brunner, Barbara Kofler, and Erika Pétervári (Temperature 1(1): 51-56, 2014)
- Honorable mention, Manuel Sanchez-Alavez, Nikki Bortell, Andrea Galmozzi, Bruno Conti, and Maria Cecilia G. Marcondes (Temperature 1(3): 227-241, 2014)
- First Prize, $1,000 Awarded to Robyn S. Hetem, Andrea Fuller, Shane K. Maloney, and Duncan Mitchell (Temperature 1(2): 115-127, 2014)
- Honorable mention, Eugene A. Kiyatkin (Temperature 1(3): 201-213, 2014)
2015 Professor Teruo Nakayama (1927-1989) Memorial Award for the Best Research Paper by a Japanese Scientist
- First Prize, $1,800 Awarded to and shared between Kentaro Matsuzaki (Temperature 2(3): 418-424, 2015) and Rika Hosotani (Temperature 2(3): 425-434, 2015)
- First Prize, $1,000 Awarded to Davide Filingeri and George Havenith (Temperature 2(1): 86-104, 2015)
- Honorable mention, Willem J. Laursen, Evan O. Anderson, Lydia J. Hoffstaetter, Sviatoslav N. Bagriantsev, and Elena O. Gracheva (Temperature 2(2): 214-226, 2015)
- First Prize, $500 Awarded to and shared between Miklós Székely, Luís Carletto, and András Garami (Temperature 2(4): 452, 2015) and Denis Vieira Andrade, Rodrigo S. B. Gavira, and Glenn J. Tattersall (Temperature 2(4): 454, 2015)
- First Prize, $500 Awarded to and shared between Hsin-Ni Ho for the puzzle included in this Editorial (Temperature 2(1): 17-21, 2015) and Arpad Szallasi for the puzzle included in this Editorial (Temperature 2(2): 142-149, 2015)
- First Prize, $1,500 Awarded to and shared between Carolina R. Noronha-de-Souza, Rafael P. Bovo, Luciane H. Gargaglioni, Denis V, Andrade, and Kênia C Bícego (Temperature 2(4): 554-562, 2015) and Drielle D. Guimaraes, Paul L. R. Andrews, John A. Rudd, Valdir A. Braga, and Eugene Nalivaiko (Temperature 2(4): 554-562, 2015)
- First Prize, $2,000 Awarded to Mazher Mohammed, Masashi Yanagisawa, William Blessing, and Youichirou Ootsuka (Temperature 3(3): 465-475, 2016)
- Honorable Mention, Toby Mündel, Aaron Raman, and Zachary J. Schlader (Temperature 3(2): 298-306, 2016); Andrew P. Hunt, Daniel C. Billing, Mark J. Patterson, and Joanne N. Caldwell (Temperature 3(2): 307-317, 2016); and Sandra L. Hrometz, Jeremy A. Ebert, Karen E. Grice, Sara M. Nowinski, Edward M. Mills, Brian J. Myers, and Jon E. Sprague (Temperature 3(4): 557-566, 2016)