The National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators (NAECTE), the official society of the Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, awards annual prizes to outstanding members of the early childhood education field. Taylor & Francis are pleased to sponsor three NAECTE prizes; the student travel grant, outstanding teacher educator award, and outstanding JECTE article award.
NAECTE Travel Grant
This award is given at the annual conference by NAECTE and Taylor & Francis. Graduate Students, preferably doctoral candidates seeking a degree in early childhood education or closely related field, are eligible for nomination this year. The award includes travel money to put toward attending the fall annual NAECTE conference.
Outstanding Teacher Educator Award
This award, sponsored by Taylor & Francis, is designed to recognize meritorious leadership and professionalism in early childhood teacher education. The recipient will receive national recognition and a monetary award. The following criteria will be used by the NAECTE Awards Committee to make the selection. The nominee must:
- Be an active member of NAECTE
- Demonstrate LEADERSHIP in the field by providing direction, energy, organization, and impetus for efforts aimed at improving early childhood teacher education.
- Demonstrate PROFESSIONALISM though advocacy, expertise, and high ethical standards.
- Demonstrate SELF-REFLECTIVE PRACTICES through conscious commitment to the profession and to her/his own professional development.
- Demonstrate MENTORING by modeling dimensions of teaching that nurture the professional development of students, beginning teachers and faculty, and colleagues.
In addition to these awards, NAECTE and Taylor Francis sponsor the NAECTE Outstanding JECTE Journal Article Award. The Editor of the journal in cooperation with members of the Editorial Board selects the winning article.
Deadline submission dates for all prizes are found on NAECTE's awards main page.