CALL FOR EDITOR
Due Date: June 1, 2017
Library Collections, Acquisitions, & Technical Services is seeking applicants for its Editor-in-Chief position.
Editorial responsibilities include…
- Managing the peer review of approximately 20-30 manuscripts per year
- Heavily soliciting high-quality manuscripts from potential authors and assist these authors in seeing their manuscripts to publication
- Deciding which manuscripts to publish
- Selecting a sufficient pool of reviewers and editorial board members to evaluate manuscripts
- Identifying and appointing qualified members to the editorial advisory board
- Providing a clear vision for the direction of the journal
- Recruiting guest editors for special issues
- Ensuring ethical standards are met for all submissions
Key qualities sought for the position of editor include an established record of scholarship in the field of library & information science; managerial skills to oversee the editorial cycle and meet deadlines; the ability to recruit quality manuscripts, and the ability to attract respected experts to the editorial board.
Applicants should have previous publishing and editorial experience, strong organizational, networking and communication skills and the ability to lead an active editorial board.
The editorship, which is set to begin ASAP, includes an honorarium.
TO APPLY: Applications should include a CV & one-page Statement of Purpose, to be sent to Managing Editor: Katarina Troutman at Katarina.Troutman@taylorandfrancis.com by June 1, 2017.
TO NOMINATE A COLLEAGUE: If you would like to nominate someone to be considered for the editorship of Library Collections, Acquisitions, & Technical Services, please send the name of the person you are nominating, their email address and brief description of qualifications to Managing Editor, Katarina Troutman at Katarina.Troutman@taylorandfrancis.com.