CALL FOR MANAGING EDITOR
Journal of Gerontological Social Work
Deadline: September 1, 2018
The Journal of Gerontological Social Work is now accepting nominations for Managing Editor. The incoming Managing Editor would begin to accept manuscripts in 2019. The current Managing Editor would work alongside the incoming Managing Editor to ensure a smooth transition. The terms for the new Managing Editor begin January 1, 2019.
Applications for Managing Editor should be directed to:
Sara Sanders, PhD
Application materials should include a current curriculum vitae, letter of application briefly outlining the candidate's qualifications and interest in the position, and a letter of support from their institution. Deadline: September 1, 2018.
Responsibilities of the Managing Editor include:
- Takes direction from and works collaboratively with the Editor-in-Chief to ensure the smooth operation of JGSW.
- Works collaboratively with the Book, Media, and Resource Review Editor.
- Primary responsibility for the operational process of JGSW including:
- Timely initial screening and processing of all submitted manuscripts (including book, media, and resource reviews) for required elements.
- Communications with authors, reviewers, and publisher production team.
- Producing reports on Journal processing operations.
- Attends Executive Committee and Editorial Board meetings.