Child & Youth Services is recruiting an Editor to edit the journal for a three-year period starting January 1, 2019. Application deadline 30 June 2018.
The journal was established in 1977 to advance knowledge and thought about relational engagement with children, youth, their families, and communities. It has four issues per year and is published by Routledge/Taylor & Francis. Editing the journal provides a unique insight into new research and academic discussions in social work throughout the international community.
Recognizing that children and youth, no matter what challenges they may face, are citizens of the world, Child & Youth Services is a forum for dialogue among the international community of scholars and practitioners concerned with the lives of young people. Through peer-reviewed articles, columns, book reviews, and op-ed pieces, Child & Youth Services addresses topics of concern to children and youth in the multiple arenas of their lives, including but not limited to:
- residential care
- relational practice
- street and homeless youth work practice
- youth policy
- juvenile corrections
- program development and implementation
The Editor should be a highly qualified scholar in the field of child and youth care, with a record of scholarship and practice with children, youth, and families, and have extensive experience in writing, reviewing and editing academic texts. It is important to make sure that the appointed editors are highly academically qualified and have interest and engagement in editorial work and in developing the journal.
The tasks of the Editor include the following:
- The Editor has the overall responsibility for the editorial work including cooperating with the Editorial Board of the journal
- A detailed distribution of work is discussed and agreed at the beginning of each period of editorship
- The Editor is responsible for selecting suitable reviewers for each new submitted manuscript, drawing on the expertise of members of the editorial board and inviting guest reviewers with an appropriate background in the topic of the submission, and for making fair decisions based on the reviews
- The Editor invites an editorial assistant/secretary to support the editorial work
- The Editor cooperates with the publisher and the editorial board
- The publisher pays a small honorarium for editorial work.
The Editor is selected by Routledge/Taylor & Francis based on a written application. The application should include:
- A CV with a list of publications
- The applicant’s statement of interest for editorial work
- A letter of commitment of the home university to demonstrate that the editorship has organizational support
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant experience and your vision for the journal under your Editorship. The closing date for applications is 30 June 2018. Applications should be submitted to: Alyse Taggart, Routledge Journals: email@example.com.