Applications are invited for the post of Book Review Editor for the British Journal of Guidance & Counselling starting in January 2018.
The British Journal of Guidance & Counselling is an international, interdisciplinary journal that welcomes submissions dealing with diverse theoretical orientations from academics, practitioners, and researchers. It covers research, policy, and practice and their interface with reference to: (a) counselling and psychotherapy, (b) career counselling and career development in particular and (c) cross-disciplinary issues relevant to counselling, psychotherapy and career services. For more information on the journal, please visit www.tandfonline.com/cbjg
- The Book Review Editor will review new publication lists, liaise actively with publishers and decide on which books received should go out for review and find an appropriate reviewer;
- Solicit book reviews from a diverse range of book reviewers (i.e., practitioners, academics and researchers from multiple countries and cultures).
- Actively maintain a database of book reviewers and expand this as necessary, in terms of size, subject specialisms, and cultural and geographical representation.
- Work with the co-editors and other members of the Editorial Team taking the lead responsibility to ensure timely and efficient processing of book reviews for the journal, ensuring an adequate supply for each edition;
- Edit book reviews and ensure that all reviewers meet the quality standards of the journal as well as uphold the journal’s code of publishing ethics.
Applicants should have recognised expertise and an established record of scholarship in career guidance and counselling, have superlative editorial skills, and be actively involved with networks within the field. Key qualities sought for the position of Book Review Editor include energy, enthusiasm, organisational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines and work effectively within a team and with a major commercial publisher.
Interested candidates are requested to email a letter of interest and a full C.V., including a list of published papers, to:
Vishani Perera – Managing Editor Behavioral Science Journals