scrutiny2 is an indexed, peer-reviewed, research quarterly which aims to generate and disseminate new, high quality knowledge about English literature studies in Southern Africa as well as to promote advanced researches and best research practices. We are currently soliciting unpublished, quality research articles in the field of African Fabulation for a special issue to be published in 2018.
We are interested in research that considers the intersection between fabulation and texts by African authors, authors of African extraction and/or texts in which the African-ness of the specific fabulation is important. Our understanding of fabulation is broad, encompassing any experimentation with form, style, temporality and subject matter that results from the fusion of the everyday with the fantastic, the mythical, the folkloric and the nightmarish – where elements of the fantastic are specifically African.
The papers can address issues in/related to the following research disciplines-
1. Fable in contemporary realist African literatures
2. Folkloric elements in contemporary realist African literatures
3. The intersection of the postmodern and fabulation in contemporary African literatures
4. Afro-futurist SF
5. Contemporary African fantasy
6. Political fables in contemporary African literatures
7. The continuing significance of story-telling in contemporary African literatures
Submission is free and open for all. All submissions undergo peer-review. Average turnaround time is 2-3 months. You can submit your manuscript to email@example.com. For more information, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For publication details, including instructions for authors and subscription information, please click here.