The European College of Sport Science (ECSS) are proud to announce the “EJSS Best Paper Award”, with the inaugural award ceremony taking place at the 2017 ECSS MetropolisRuhr Congress in Essen, Germany.
In line with ECSS’s mission to “disseminate high quality, innovative science and its application”, this award will showcase the most innovative science published in EJSS to congress delegates and ECSS members. The best paper and all nominated papers will be free to access following first announcement of the winner.
Eligibility for the award
Journal papers published in the calendar year prior to the congress are eligible for the award. For example, in 2017, papers will be considered from Volume 16 (calendar year 2016).
Section Editors will nominate papers from their section published in the calendar year. An editorial team will review all nominations and select an overall winner.
Open to all age groups and career levels. Section Editors will nominate papers for consideration according to the following criteria:
- Originality: The paper is innovative and constructively engages with new or complex problems.
- Significance: The paper makes an important contribution to the advancement of knowledge in sport science.
- Methodological rigour: The paper uses robust and appropriate methods to address the research question.
- Potential impact: The paper has the potential to alter prevailing theory or practice in sport science.
- Early January 2017, Award Opens: Editor-in-Chief, Andrew Jones contacts Section Editors for their nominations.
- Late February 2017, Nominations: Editor-in-Chief reviews nominations and selects best paper winner.
- Early March 2017, First Announcement: ECSS Office informs winner and invites winner to attend congress.
Please note: Prize money is only granted if collected in person.
At the congress closing ceremony, the award will be officially announced and the winner will be called to the stage by the congress Chair. A cheque will be handed over by Editor-in-Chief, Andrew Jones and ECSS President, Tim Cable.
- Congress registration fees will be waived for all nominees.
- €1000 (Euros) in prize money is granted for the winner of the award, cheque to be collected in person.
The EJSS Best Paper Award will be announced via the ECSS website, the congress website, the ECSS newsletters and social media.