The Journal of Map & Geography Libraries: Advances in Geospatial Information, Collections & Archives (JMGL) is now accepting manuscripts on a rolling basis for the 2018 volumes and beyond.
The JMGL publishes international, peer-reviewed research on the production, collection, organization, manipulation, and utilization of print and digital cartographic and geographic information resources. It is an excellent resource for librarians, researchers, educators and anyone with needs to find, manipulate and use cartographic and geospatial information resources.
The journal covers topics including, but not limited to:
- Research, discussion and innovations involving: collecting, providing access to and using historical and contemporary cartographic and geospatial data collections.
- Innovations in tools and software for the manipulation, analysis and presentation of cartographic and geospatial data.
- Tools, standards and methods for documentation, metadata creation, cataloging, access and preservation of print and digital resources including data management planning and reproducible spatial research.
- The roles and needs of different actors involved in the geographic and cartographic information enterprise from production to use to archiving and preservation.
JMGL encourages both national and international submissions across all disciplines that use cartographic and geospatial information resources and services.
How to submit your paper
For further information on how to submit your paper, visit the Instructions for Authors.
As a part of Routledge’s Library & Information Science Author Rights Policy, authors who publish in JMGL can deposit their Author's Original Manuscript (AOM) or Accepted Manuscript (AM) to any subject or institutional repository immediately upon publication. To learn more about Taylor & Francis’ position on Copyright and Author Rights for authors contributing to Routledge’s U.S.-published Library and Information Science journals, please visit http://journalauthors.tandf.co.uk/preparation/lisrights.asp
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the journal's editors at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Editor: Marcy Bidney, American Geographical Society Library, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Co-Editor: Nathan Piekielek, The Pennsylvania State University