June 25-29, 2018
We are pleased to announce that the 8th Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing and Management (AHTMM) conference will be held in Bangkok, Thailand at Emerald Hotel between June 25-29, 2018. The conference will be hosted jointly by Washington State University, University of Thai Chamber of Commerce, and Chiang Mai University.
This conference will provide a unique forum for attendees from academia, industry, governement, and other organizations to actively exchange, share, and challenge state-of-the-art research and industrial case studies on hospitality and tourism marketing and management. The goal of the conference is to thoroughly examine contemporary hospitality and tourism issues, stimulate dialogue, and develop new perspectives in the field of hospitality and tourism within the globalized environment.
The conference invites conceptual, empirical, and methodological research papers, and country context case studies on different tourism and hospitality themes. Papers and presentations are expected to address both the theoretical, methodological, and practical aspects of tourism and hospitality marketing and management. Further details can be found on the conference website.
All submitted papers will follow a rigorous double-blind review process and will be accepted and published in the conference proceedings (Online version with ISBN) based on reviewers’ recommendations. Participants can publish either full papers or abstracts in the conference proceedings. In addition, selected full papers from the conference will be considered for publication in special issues of Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management and other selected tourism and hospitality journals.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Deadline for submission of abstracts (800 words): 15 December 2017
- Deadline for submission of full papers (5,000-6,000 words): 15 February 2018
- Notice of acceptance: 28 February 2018
- Deadline for early registration: 15 March 2018
Early bird single participant: US$395* (You must register by 15 March 2018)
Registration after 15 March 2018: US$495*
Graduate Student Registration
Early bird registration fee: US$300*
Registration fee (after 15 March 2018): US$400*
Accompanying partner: US$395**
*Includes conference proceedings and access to full conference activities, conference meals, excluding accommodation
**Includes access to full conference activities, conference meals, excluding accommodation
The organizing committee welcomes papers on the following (but not limited to) topics:
- Tourism, hospitality, and leisure marketing;
- Consumer behavior in tourism and hospitality settings;
- Knowledge Innovation in Hospitality Marketing and Management;
- Health, medical, spa, and wellness tourism;
- Hospitality finance;
- Hospitality and tourism product development;
- Tourism economics;
- Food tourism and food tourism marketing;
- Tourism and hospitality education;
- Human resource issues in tourism and hospitality;
- Emerging markets;
- Legal issues in tourism and hospitality;
- Technological issues in tourism and hospitality;
- Transport and travel management;
- Health and safety issues in tourism and hospitality;
- Climate change and tourism development;
- Innovation and product development in tourism and hospitality;
- Development of conceptual models;
- Methodological issues in tourism and hospitality;
- Sustainable tourism policy and planning;
- Community-based tourism;
- Pro-poor tourism;
- Tourism forecasting;
- Film tourism;
- Government intervention in tourism;
- Gambling tourism;
- Case studies on successful hospitality marketing programs;
- Future trends in tourism and hospitality marketing and management.
Expressions of interest and abstracts of up to 500 words should be submitted through Easy Chair. Abstracts should include author(s) names, affiliations and contact details.
For all enquiries, please contact Dr. Dogan Gursoy.