Australian Planner provides a forum for planning news, opinion and research and each edition of the journal contains a component surrounding a particular theme or topic of interest. Australian Planner has become a well-respected publication and a very popular source of knowledge and information for professional planners and those involved in the built environment.
Readership includes those involved in the planning profession including government officials, university staff and students, urban designers, urban, regional, social, environmental, economic and transport planners, as well as those involved in related industries, both nationally and overseas.
Why Publish in Australian Planner?
Australian Planner is the only journal of its kind in Australia, the only journal published specifically for the planning profession, and is the most read and influential planning journal in Australia and the Pacific Region. Australian Planner has a high level of audience receptivity because it is specifically targeted and is a sought-after source of information for the planning sector.
All research articles in this journal undergo rigorous double-blind peer review, based on initial editor screening and refereeing by at least two anonymous reviewers.
Australian Planner provides the planning profession in Australia and Pacific Region with a platform to:
- Publish content related directly to informing, educating and interesting those in the planning and the built environment sectors across Australia and internationally
- Offer content on a wide spectrum of planning related issues and to relate these issues to the built environment in the 21st century
- Ensure that planners have a forum for mature and informed discussion and debate on relevant topics
- Assist in determining and promoting the cause of environmentally sustainable planning practices
- Continually improve the professional reputation and standing of Australian planners
- Link Australian based planners with global trends
Now Indexed in Thompson Reuters Emerging Sources Citation Index, © 2017 Thompson Reuters
How to submit your paper
See our Author Services page for even more great tips on getting published!