The AJIA is regularly approached to publish Special Issues in which the content of a full issue of the Journal is devoted to a particular theme. From 2017, the Journal has instituted a policy of an open call for proposals.
We will consider proposals that conform to the requirements detailed below and whose content falls within the editorial remit of the AJIA on an ongoing basis. Proposals should be sent by email to the Managing Editor, Caitlin Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Editor in Chief and, ordinarily, two members of the Editorial Board will review the proposals and will make a decision whether to go ahead with the proposal or not. We will make an in-principle decision about proposals within six weeks of receipt.
Please note: AJIA policy is to publish no more than two Special Issues per volume.
Publication of the Special Issue is entirely at the discretion of the Editor in Chief based on advice from the Editorial Board and the peer review process. Special Issues will be subject to double blind peer review that will be managed by the AJIA. Acceptance of a proposal does not guarantee publication of the Special Issue, either in whole or in part.
Prospective SI guest editors must provide a detailed proposal that includes:
- List of all proposed article titles and authors
- 500 word (approx.) abstract of each article
- Concept paper that sets out the purpose of the special issue, its context and rationale and
- the anticipated contribution to the academic and/or policy debate (approx. 2500 words)
- Timeline for delivery of the issue
- Short CV of guest editor/s (no more than 10 pages each)
- List of 3-5 potential reviewers
Please note Special Issues normally have around 6-7 articles of 7-8000 words.
- Editor in Chief: Nick Bisley, La Trobe University
- Managing Editor: Caitlin Hamilton (email@example.com)