To introduce our new Fellow and Early Career Structural Heart Forum, Structural Heart welcomes cardiology fellows and early career researchers to submit to our publication. The forum provides a home for commentary on the needs and perspectives of trainees and early career physicians in the field of cardiovascular research.
Structural Heart: The Journal of the Heart Team is an official journal of the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, focused upon diseases of the heart valves, myocardium, pericardium, and great vessels as well as congenital heart disease. Structural Heart publishes peer-reviewed clinical and experimental manuscripts on all aspects of these cardiovascular diseases. The Journal emphasizes the important role of the heart team in diagnosing and treating these disorders. Topics covered include diagnostic techniques, percutaneous interventional procedures, cardiovascular surgery, drug treatment, findings from the laboratory, and clinical trials. Symposia, clinical reviews and updates, editorial commentary, and letters are regular features, with the occasional publication of opinion pieces and commentary. Structural Heart also publishes consensus documents and white papers with recommendations on current topics in cardiovascular disease.
As of January 2018, Structural Heart is also an official journal of the Heart Valve Society.
The Journal also accepts the following types of submissions:
- Original Research
- Review Article
- Opinion Pieces
- Letters to the Editor and Reply
- Research Correspondence
- Expert Consensus Documents
- The Heart Team Review
- Images in Structural Heart Disease with explanatory text
Why publish with us?
- Enhance your CV early in your career by publishing in a prestigious Cardiovascular Research Foundation journal
- Stand out from the competitive job market and increase your opportunities for future collaboration
- Validate your research with our robust peer review process
- Gain recognition from a broad and international readership, including more than 10,000 established attendees of the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics meeting and the Transcatheter Valve Therapies forum
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site
- Immediately see the impact of your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
Please read our Instructions for Authors for more details on preparing your manuscript. Prior to submission check with the editorial office about the suitability of your topic by emailing email@example.com.