Structural Heart: The Journal of the Heart Team, is an official journal of the Cardiovascular Research Foundation focused upon diseases of the heart valves, myocardium, pericardium, and great vessels as well as congenital heart disease. Structural Heart publishes peer-reviewed clinical and experimental manuscripts on all aspects of these cardiovascular diseases. The Journal emphasizes the important role of the heart team in diagnosing and treating these disorders. Topics covered include diagnostic techniques, percutaneous interventional procedures, cardiovascular surgery, drug treatment, findings from the laboratory, and clinical trials. Symposia, clinical reviews and updates, editorial commentary, and letters are regular features, with the occasional publication of opinion pieces and commentary. Structural Heart also publishes consensus documents and white papers with recommendations on current topics in cardiovascular disease.
As of January 2018, Structural Heart is also an official journal of the Heart Valve Society.
"New diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to structural heart disease have resulted in the emergence of structural disorders as a prominent part of cardiovascular practice. This in turn has had the strong effect of fostering collaboration among the various professional disciplines involved in the care of these patients. The importance of expertise in multiple areas has transformed the somewhat informal interaction that has always existed among providers into a defined heart team, has produced a great deal of novel data, and has created the need for new types of information. Structural Heart has been conceived and is dedicated to transmitting the needed and novel information to all the members of the heart team, as well as the overall medical community interested in structural disorders. "
- Dr. Anthony N. DeMaria, Editor-in-Chief
"It's CRF's first fully academic journal. It's a fully peer-reviewed journal with really the best minds in structural heart disease helping us lead it."
- Dr. Ori Ben-Yehuda, Deputy Editor
Why publish with us?
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration
- Validate your research with our robust peer review process
- Gain recognition with broad and international readership, including more than 10,000 established attendees of the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics meeting and the Transcatheter Valve Therapies forum
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site
- Immediately see the impact of your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
Please read our Instructions for Authors for details on preparing your manuscript.
Submit your final manuscript online here.
- Editor-in-Chief: Dr. Anthony N. DeMaria, Professor of Medicine, Judith and Jack White Chair in Cardiology, UCSD Medical Center
- Deputy Editor: Dr. Ori Ben-Yehuda, Executive Director, Cardiovascular Research Foundation New York, NY
- Executive Editor: Glenn Collins, Origin Editorial San Diego, CA