There is a large evidence base that shows the impact of social factors on the health and well-being of communities, but health promotion programs overwhelmingly remain focused on behavioral outcomes and modifying ‘lifestyle’. While lifestyle interventions have a major contribution to make in addressing health outcomes and addressing inequalities, they are often limited in understanding wider social constraints on the lives of individuals and communities.
This special edition will focus on how tackling wider social determinants (transport, housing, employment, poverty, education) can contribute to health promotion. We welcome papers from different methodological perspectives; evidence syntheses; and discussion and theoretical papers.
Why publish with us?
- Gain recognition as a leader in your field through publishing in a journal with global readership.
- Fast publication times - Our editorial and production teams are dedicated to facilitating a quick, painless publishing process from submission to publication.
- We have a robust peer review system, which is reflected in our impact factor and indexing.
- Immediately see the impact of your research with trackackable downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works.
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Services site.
The deadline submission is March 31st 2018.
Easily submit your manuscript online here.