Contemporary Nurse is now accepting submissions for a special issue, "Advances in Communication, Technology and Social Media in Nursing." This special issue will be co-guest edited by Dr Caleb Ferguson and Prof Wendy Moyle.
Over the last decade we have witnessed rapid growth in technology and the advent of social media. However, how do these modern methods of communication interact with more traditional aspects of nursing? Communication is fundamental to human interaction and is an essential aspect of nursing. This special issue aims to disseminate new knowledge in the areas of communication, technology and social media in nursing.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Effective therapeutic communication
- Intercultural clinical communication
- Innovations in teaching communication skills
- Communication skill development
- Nursing handover
- Interdisciplinary and teamwork communication
- Telehealth, telenursing and telemonitoring
- Policy development and evaluation related to communication, technology and social media in nursing
- Digital health advocacy in the era of social media
- Research drawn from social media generated datasets
- Novel of application of new technologies to support communication in clinical practice
- Barriers and enablers to the uptake of innovative communication strategies.
- How communication, technology and social media is being used to meet needs of patients, caregivers, clients, health professionals, educators and researchers
- Regulation and policy issues related to social media
- Innovative uses of technology and social media in nurse education
- Digital technologies to enhance the uptake of evidence based practice
- Case studies of innovative technology use
- Social media and technology assisted patient education and support (including apps)
- Robotics in nursing and healthcare
How will publishing in Contemporary Nurse benefit you?
- Your research will be validated by our robust peer review process
- As a contributor to a journal ranked within the Journal Citation Reports®, you will have new opportunities for future collaboration
- You will have many options to help you share your research, such as 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article via blogs and social media courtesy of our Author Resources site
- You will be able to see the impact your research made in the community immediatley by tracking downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
We welcome submissions by 31st July 2017 with the targeted publication of the themed issue for the end of 2017.
You may submit your manuscript online at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/rcnj
Please read the Instructions for Authors page before submitting your work.
Deadline for submissions: 31st July 2017
When you submit your article you will be asked whether you are submitting for a special issue. Please use the pulldown menu to note that you are submitting your paper for the Special Issue: Advances in Communication, Technology and Social Media. Please also note in the cover page of your manuscript that you are submitting it for this special issue.
- Guest Editor: Caleb Ferguson
- Guest Editor: Wendy Moyle