Islets is the first international, peer-reviewed research journal dedicated to islet biology. Islets publishes high-quality clinical and experimental research into the physiology and pathology of the islets of Langerhans. In addition to original research manuscripts, Islets is the leading source for cutting-edge Perspectives, Reviews, and Commentaries.
Our goal is to foster communication and a rapid exchange of information through timely publication of important results using print as well as electronic formats.
Categories of manuscripts include Original research, Reviews, Perspectives (including addenda of articles published in other journals), Commentaries, and Meeting Reports.
Why publish with us?
1. Increase your opportunities for future collaboration
2. Validate your research with our robust peer review process
3. Increase the impact of your research with PubMed/MEDLINE listings and more
4. Gain recognition with a broad and international readership
5. Receive 50 free e-prints & promotional tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site
6. Immediately see the impact of your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
All submitted manuscripts are subject to initial appraisal by the Editor-in-Chief, in consultation with the Associate Editors, and, if found suitable for further consideration, to peer review by independent, anonymous expert referees. The editorial board will consider manuscripts and accompanying reviewer reports from established journals in the field for fast-tracked decisions. If there are any questions, please contact the Editor-in-Chief.
- Editor-in-Chief : James D Johnson , University of British Columbia Vancouver, BC, CA