Recent market trends are pulling for personality assessors to expand their scope of practice and explore new areas in which to market their services. One such area, consulting and organizational psychology, was projected by the Bureau of Labor Statistics to be one of the top job growth sectors in the United States through the year 2022.
In this special issue of Journal of Personality Assessment (JPA), we wish to expand the scope of psychologists beyond using personality assessment in mental health settings, to include measurement tools and applications in consulting and organizational psychology.
In fact, personality assessment has long been a part of consulting psychology practice as relates to executive coaching engagements, team building initiatives, and hiring and promotion decisions. Yet, there has been little crossover between those practicing organizationally and those trained clinically to address mental health issues.
To address this issue, the Journal of Personality Assessment is seeking papers that examine personality assessment as applied in consulting and organizational contexts.
Papers that are empirically based and that address the construct validity and applications of new and existing personality measures are preferred.
Why submitting your research to the Journal of Personality Assessment?
- The journal has a worldwide distribution and is indexed in all the major Abstracting & Indexing databases, including (but not limited to): Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus, MedLine, PubMed, EBSCOhost and more.
- The JPA readership is constantly expanding and has interests in the application of personality assessment to non-clinical clientele;
- The journal is a prestigious outlet for high-quality research, as demonstrated by its growing 5 Year Impact Factor: 2.868 (© 2016 Thomson Reuters, 2015 Journal Citation Reports®);
- This special issue series will introduce JPA readers and researchers to professional psychologists in organizational and consulting psychology, thereby unlocking new opportunities for collaboration among professionals in these fields.
- JPA aims to become an even more prominent outlet for scholarship in organizational and consulting psychology.
Instructions for Authors
All papers should be submitted via the journal's manuscript submission portal, ScholarOne Manuscripts (previously Manuscript Central). In their cover letters, all authors must specifically address that the papers are for the special issue on 'The Role of Personality Assessment in Consulting to Organizations'.
Please read the guide for ScholarOne authors before making a submission. Complete guidelines for preparing and submitting your manuscript to this journal are provided on the Instructions for Authors page.
The deadline for submissions is September 1, 2017.
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Hal Shorey, Widener University, PA, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)