For over 50 years, Substance Use & Misuse has provided a unique international multidisciplinary venue for the exchange of research, theories, viewpoints, and unresolved issues concerning substance use and misuse (licit and illicit drugs, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine and eating disorders).
Substance Use & Misuse plans to publish a special issue that will focus on betel nut use behavior. We are primarily interested in papers that focus on etiology, prevention, and cessation of betel nut use; however, articles that address pharmacologic aspects of betel nut use, dependence, and cessation will also be considered.
Consistent with the journal’s aims, we seek papers that will be of interest to an international readership and that address one or more of the following issues as they relate to betel nut use:
• Betel nut use epidemiology
• Betel nut use etiology, prevention, and cessation
• Social and cultural contexts of betel nut use
• Regional differences in betel nut use patterns, antecedents and consequences
This special issue seeks four kinds of papers:
• Empirical research examining the etiology, prevention, and cessation of betel nut use
• Qualitative research examining the social and cultural contexts of betel nut use and dependence
• Systematic reviews highlighting the regional differences in betel nut patterns, antecedents and consequences
• Commentaries on betel nut use epidemiology, prevention, and cessatio
How to submit
To submit a manuscript to this special issue of Substance Use & Misuse please send a letter of intent to either of the guest editors:
To see the format for submissions, please read the Instructions for Authors.
Letter of intent due: November 20, 2018
Manuscript Deadline: February 20, 2019