Submit your paper to the forthcoming special issue on Participatory Research/Community-based Participatory Research in Occupational Therapy.
Researchers within the field of occupational therapy and occupational science have steadily shown an increasing interest in participatory research approaches that inform scholarship and practice in occupational therapy. We welcome articles illustrating or exploring topics related to developing and sustaining partnerships/community engagement, conceptual and theoretical foundations of participatory research, incorporating the voices of community residents and/or advocates, knowledge translation, and research design. Publishing in summer 2018, this thematic issue will provide a forum for critically looking at challenges and possibilities for participatory research in occupational therapy.
Submissions can in a broad sense address: theory, practice, research, education, management and/or governance and may include:
- In-depth reviews that include critical analyses of the literature
- Original articles
- Scholarlship of Practice reflections
- Short reports
- Illustrations of participatory research studies
- Letters to the Thematic Issue Editors
If you choose to publish with Scandinavia Journal of Occupational Therapy, your work will benefit in many ways, including:
- Your research will be validated by our robust peer review process. As a contributor to a journal ranked within the Journal Citation Reports®, you will have new opportunities for future collaboration
- You will have many options to help you share your research, such as 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article via blogs and social media courtesy of our Author Resources site
- You will be able to see the impact your research made in the community immediatley by tracking downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
Deadline for submissions: December 21, 2017
About the Journal
The Scandinavian Journal of Occupational Therapy is a leading international journal in occupational therapy published bimonthly in an online-only edition.