Issues in Mental Health Nursing is now accepting manuscripts for a special issue in psychogerontological nursing.
Why publish in Issues in Mental Health Nursing?
- Our journal is peer-reviewed and indexed in PyscINFO, CINAHL, PubMed, and many other databases.
- Issues in Mental Health Nursing is an established journal with an engaged audience. We are in our 38th year of publication.
- 2016 Impact Factor 0.867 and it is ranked 78/116 in the Nursing Science category*
A broad range of topics will be considered, including:
- mental health and illness in older adults
- depression, delirium, dementia, and addiction in this population
- epidemiological and fiscal issues related to mental health problems that older adults face
- impact of psychiatric illness on functioning and phyusical health in this population
- strategies to improve mental health challenges experienced by older adults
- conceptual issues related to this segment of society (e.g., loss, hardiness, apathy, isolation and lonliness)
Review articles will be considered as well as research-focused, practice-oriented, and theoretical/conceptual papers.
The special issue is slated to appear in print in May, 2018. However, accepted manuscripts will be available online ahead-of-print.
Deadline: Manuscripts must be received by November 6, 2017.
Issues in Mental Health Nursing requires APA format. There is no specific page limit, but most papers range from 15-25 pages of double-spaced text. Accuracy in citations is imperative.
Please submit manuscripts through the journal's ScholarOne Manuscripts page: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/umhn. Indicate in your cover letter that you would like for your paper to be considered for the special issue.
Manuscripts will be reviewed by our guest editor Dr. Lisa Onega, Associate Dean of Academics and Professor at West Virginia, School of Nursing, Morgantown, WV, USA, and by reviewers who are blinded to the identity of authors.
Quieries may be addressed to the guest editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guest Editor: Lisa Onega, West Virginia, School of Nursing, Morgantown, WV, USA (email@example.com)