The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse (AJDAA) is committed to the publication of preclinical science. Although the journal has traditionally focused on the clinical sciences, we believe that addiction research is an interdisciplinary effort that demands communication between preclinical and clinical investigators. The journal welcomes the submission of manuscripts in areas of epigenetic mechanisms, genetic influences, individual differences, and those presenting a translational perspective, although all preclinical papers are of interest.
Become familiar with a recently published pre-clinical paper.
The AJDAA is providing free access to Transgenerational modification of hippocampus TNF-α and S100B levels in the offspring of rats chronically exposed to morphine during adolescence, Jamal Amri et al.
Recent preclinical papers published in the AJDAA include:
- Establishment of an alcoholic fatty liver disease model in mice, Tan, P.; Liang, H.; Nie, J.; Diao, Y.; He, Q.; Hou, B.; Zhao, T.; Huang, H.; Li, Y.; Gao, X.; Zhou, L.; Liu, Y.
- Effect of chronic gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) administration on GHB toxicokinetics and GHB-induced respiratory depression, Morse, B.L.; Chadha, G.S.; Felmlee, M.A.; Follman, K.E.; Morris, M.E.
- Effects of propofol on conditioned place preference in male rats: involvement of nitrergic system, Shahzadi, A.; Uskur, T.; Akkan, A.G.; Cevreli, B.; Uzbay, T.
- Region-specific expression of precursor and mature brain-derived neurotrophic factors after chronic alcohol exposure, Yang, J.W.; Ma, W.; Yang, Y.L.; Wang, X.B.; Li, X.T.; Wang, T.T.; Wang, X.P.; Gao, W.; Li, J.Y.; Zhou, X.F.; Guo, J.H.; Li, L.Y.
- Nicotinic cholinergic and dopaminergic receptor mRNA expression in male and female rats with high or low preference for nicotine, Gozen, O.; Nesil, T.; Kanit, L.; Koylu, E.O.; Pogun, S.
Contact our Associate Editor for Preclinical Science, Sakire Pogun if you have any questions.