As Guest Editor of the upcoming Special Issue Soft Tribology: Current Trends, Concepts and Techniques, I want to encourage you to submit your research for consideration.
The origins of friction, wear and lubrication of soft, low moduli contacts continues to gain momentum within the field of tribology. From medical to marine applications, there are many applications in which the interactions and processes occurring at low moduli interfaces limits the performance of many systems. Understanding and measurement of the point in which tribology meets rheology and the behaviour of non-linear materials will have significant impact across many industries. This special issue is dedicated to the advancement of basic and applied knowledge concerning the measurement, characterisation theories and current trends in the area of soft tribology.
Why Publish with Tribology: Materials, Surfaces & Interfaces?
In addition to the prestige of being published in a special issue of one of the IOM3 journals, authors will also benefit from the following:
- Have your research validated by a robust peer review process;
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration;
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site;
- Immediately see the impact your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works;
- and much more!
Broadly, topics of interest range from, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Understanding the fundamentals of low moduli contacts. This includes physical and chemical processes and their application towards innovative solutions in terms of friction, wear and lubrication in any practical industrial problems;
- Optimisation of surfaces, interfaces and materials;
- New techniques for the measurement and prediction of friction, wear and lubrication of soft, low moduli materials.
Additionally, I welcome original research and review articles from both computational and experimental modelling backgrounds which focus on advancing the current knowledge base in this critical area.
I invite you to send in your submission via the journal's Editorial Manager page.