As the Guest Editors of the Journal of Mathematics and the Arts special issue on Education, we heartily encourage you to contribute your new and groundbreaking research in the areas of scholarly inter- or transdisciplinary work in mathematics and the arts education, both formal and informal. More specifically, this special issue will focus on the application of the arts in mathematics education and/or mathematics in the arts education.
Why Publish with the Journal of Mathematics and the Arts?
In addition to the prestige of publication in a special issue, authors will also benefit from the following:
- Have your research validated by a robust peer review process;
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration;
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site;
- Immediately see the impact your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works;
- and much more!
Submissions for this special issue might include but are not limited to:
- Research about use of creative/art representations of mathematical concepts in teaching and learning
- Inquiry into use of mathematical concepts in the arts education
- Original mathematical imagery that has been (or could be) used in education
- Interdisciplinary mathematics and the arts education exhibits
- Mathematics/art movements and current international research & action projects in the field of education.
A submission might be a report of the educational research, an account of the experiences of practicing educator(s), material to be used or developed by practitioners, but it must be original and be of an appropriate and acceptable scholarly standard.
We invite you to send in your submission by 1st October 2017, to the journal's Editorial Manager site.