Growing attention is being paid to the fields of spatial science in transport, travel and mobility as location intelligence dominates the transport and urban planning landscape. Spatio-temporal technologies can help evaluate, plan and design sustainable, efficient and equitable transport and urban residential systems that exhibit location characteristics. These technologies highlight many challenges in the areas of spatial science, transport analysis and modelling, urban planning and regional development for example. What is also needed are novel, fast and effective algorithms for dealing with large-scale data sets in dynamic and uncertain environments— a largely unexplored field.
We invite authors to submit original research as well as review articles that will stimulate continuing efforts to understand the theories and algorithms of spatial science, and how these have been applied to solve real-world geospatial problems in various fields. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced geospatial and temporal data collection techniques for transport analysis.
- Innovative geovisualiation methods related to transport and urban studies.
- Spatial analytical methods on massive transport relevant datasets.
- Spatial algorithms in social network analysis for transport applications.
- Spatial statistical methods for transport analysis.
- Mining of remote sensing image archives: algorithms and applications for transport and urban studies.
- The spatial implications of technological advances for transport analysis and modelling.
- Geographic cellular automata for urban studies
- Sustainability assessment spatio-temporal variability and its impact on urban economic development.
Submission and Deadlines
This Special Issue will focus on this innovative research area and all papers will be subject to the standard review process for the Journal of Spatial Science. Before submission authors should carefully read over the Journal’s Author Guidelines.
Prospective authors should submit an electronic copy of their complete manuscript through the journal Manuscript Tracking System at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tjss, according to the following timetable:
Manuscript Due: February 28, 2018
First Round of Reviews: March 31, 2018
Online Publication Date: July 15, 2018
Issue Release Date: August 31, 2018
- Lead Guest Editor: Jianhong (Cecilia) Xia, Curtin University Perth, Western Australia, Australia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guest Editor: Jun Yang, Liaoning Normal University, Dalian, China (email@example.com)
- Guest Editor: Jun Liu, Tourism School, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China (firstname.lastname@example.org)