Papers are being called for a special issue of the journal Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal (IAPA) on the use of Sustainability Assessments by the private sector. Special consideration will be given to those that focus on the Asia region. The September 2018 issue of IAPA has been reserved for this special issue.
Some ideas for potential consideration include: What is the current state of the art in the sustainability assessment research domain, including current research directions? What type of sustainability standards and guidelines are being used by the private sector? What motivates and directs the private sector in undertaking activities related to sustainability assessments? What types of tools and techniques are used by the private sector when undertaking sustainability assessment (i.e. materiality analysis, life cycle assessment)? How are sustainability assessments undertaken by the private sector?
We welcome original research papers, case studies, conceptual papers, and systematic literature reviews. Our objective is to broaden and deepen the understanding of how the private sector addresses sustainability through impact assessments, including with consideration to the recent introduction of the sustainable development goals.
How to Submit your Manuscript
Please send an intention to submit a paper (EOI/Abstract) by October 31 2017 to email@example.com specifying author(s), affiliation, email, draft title, and brief summary (200 words maximum) of your intended paper.
- All papers should comply with the general style of the papers published in Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal (IAPA). Please get a sense of the style of the journal by considering some of the latest papers published in IAPA.
- Note that the Harvard system of referencing is used, and that papers should normally be around 5,000 to 8,000 words long (including references).
- For other details, please consult the instructions for authors on the journal website.
The milestones and timelines for the special issue on sustainability assessments and the private sector are as follows:
- Closing Date for Expressions of Interest (abstracts) - 31 October 2017
- Closing Date for receipt of full papers - 31 December 2017
- Initial screening by editors - January 2018
- Distribute papers to referees - January 2018
- Closing date for return of referee reports - 31 January 2018
- Decision made about short list of papers for further development, authors notified - 16 February 2018
- Revisions made by authors and papers returned to editors - 16 March 2018
- Final editing completed and manuscripts accepted - 31 May 2018
- Proof reading of page proofs from publisher completed - June-July 2018
- Publication date - September 2018
- Guest Editor: Jerome Donovan, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guest Editor: Cheree Topple, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia (email@example.com)
- Guest Editor: Eryadi Masli, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- IAPA Editor: Thomas B. Fischer, University of Liverpool, UK