This special issue invites papers based on the works accepted for the 9th National Conference of the Italian Remote Sensing Association (IX Convegno Nazionale AIT; AIT2018), which will be held in Firenze (Italy) in July 2018. All submissions shall be substantively expanded, refined or otherwise revised relative to the proceedings paper to fully satisfy the standards of significance, originality and presentation quality that may result in acceptance through the journal peer review process.
The European Journal of Remote Sensing (EuJRS) invites a broad range of high quality original research articles, or review articles focused on Geoinformation and Earth Observation. Potential topics, but not limited to:
· Land planning and for the mitigation of environmental risks
· Agriculture, forestry and for natural resource management
· Geology, soil science and for Earth science
· Remote Sensing for sea, lakes and coastal environments and more in general for water monitoring
· Urban Remote Sensing
· Extraterrestrial planet monitoring
· Atmosphere monitoring, climate and metereological applications
· Land use and land cover monitoring
· Remote Sensing for defense and security
Sensors & platforms:
· Sensors and platforms development for earth observation
· Proximal sensing and UAV
· Copernicus and new Sentinel missions
· Methods and algorithms development for pre-processing and analysis of remotely sensed data from active and passive systems (optical, radar and LiDAR)
· Image and signal processing
· Interferometric methods for SAR data elaboration
· Methods for time series analysis
· Methods for the extraction and estimation of bio-physical variables
· Methods for data fusion and for the integration of information from multiple sources
· Spatial modelling and GIS applications based on Remote Sensing data
· Computation intensive systems and “big data” in Remote Sensing
Full paper submission deadline: 31 December 2018
Initial decisions on revisions or rejection: 31 April 2019
Final manuscripts submitted to EuJRS: 15 November 2019
Expected publication date: 31 December 2019
Articles will be available online approximately one month after acceptance, final technical review and the completion of revisions for compliance with journal format.
How to Submit your Manuscript
All submissions will be peer reviewed according to the European Journal of Remote Sensing (EuJRS) guidelines. Submitted manuscripts should not have been published or be under review elsewhere.
Prospective authors should consult the Instructions for Authors page on the journal website for guidelines and information on paper formatting and submission.
Authors should submit manuscripts using the EuJRS manuscript central system at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tejr. Please choose 'EuJRS Special Issue Paper' from the 'Manuscript Type' picklist on the submission form, irrespective of the paper type (i.e. even if your paper would normally be classified as a Research Paper, or Review Article). Also, please enter “From space to land management” in the space provided on the submission form for the name of the special issue.
EuJRS is an Open Access journal. The standard article publishing charge (APC) for this journal is: $475 / £365 / €420. AIT members are eligible for a 30% discount on the standard APC. Depending on your location, these charges may be subject to local taxes. Depending on your location, these charges may be subject to local taxes.
Should you have any submission questions, please contact Patrizia Rossi, Administrator of EuJRS at: email@example.com