Impact Factor now 1.946
©2016 Thomson Reuters, 2016 Journal Citation Reports®
Journal of Engineering Design is an international publication that provides an essential forum for dialogue on insightful issues across all disciplines and aspects of the design of engineered products and systems. The Journal publishes pioneering best industrial practice as well as authoritative research, studies and review papers on the underlying principles of design, its management, practice, techniques and methodologies.
Fully supported by an international editorial board, the Journal publishes only the highest-quality original research contributions and book reviews from all the major disciplines of engineering design.
The Journal covers, but is not restricted to, the following topics:
- aesthetics, style and form
- collaborative design
- creativity and innovation
- design costing
- design education and pedagogy
- design for X, e.g. manufacturability, assembly, environment, sustainability
- design management
- design risk and uncertainty
- design theory and methodology
- designing product platforms, modularity and reuse
- emotive design, e.g. Kansei engineering
- ergonomics, styling and the design process
- evolutionary design activity (product improvement & refinement)
- global and distributed design
- inclusive design and assistive technology
- industrial design and total design
- integrated design development
- knowledge and information management
- maintainability, sustainability, safety and standards
- product introduction process and new product design development
- quality, reliability and robustness
- service design and design services
- state-of-the-art reviews
- systems design
All published research articles in this journal have undergone rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening and anonymous refereeing by independent expert referees.
*Average elapsed time from acceptance to online publication time for all accepted papers, 12 months to September 2014.
Submit your paper at the Journal's ScholarOne Manuscripts site: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cjen