Journal of Applied Animal Research (JAAR) is now an open access journal which means your research will benefit from:
- being freely and permanently available on our platform which could translate into increased readership, citations and Altmetric scores
- high quality – JCR listed - Impact Factor of 0.435*
- the widest possible dissemination – research that's discoverable by anyone, anywhere
- choice of CC-BY or CC-BY-NC licenses
- compliance with funder mandates
- global, cross-discipline marketing and post-publication aftercare
- article-level metrics so you can measure the impact of your work
Journal of Applied Animal Research is an international open access journal. JAAR publishes articles related to animal production and fundamental aspects of genetics, nutrition, physiology, reproduction, immunology, pathology and animal products. Papers on cows and dairy cattle, small ruminants, horses, pigs and companion animals will be very welcome, as well as research involving other farm animals, aquatic and wildlife species. In addition, manuscripts involving research in other species that is directly related to animal production will be considered for publication.
To cover the cost of open access publishing, Journal of Applied Animal Research charges an article publishing charge (APC) for all accepted articles. There is no submission charge. The publication fee for Journal of Applied Animal Research is $500 (£313/€420/AUD$540).
*2014 Impact Factor: 0.435 (© 2015 Thomson Reuters, 2015 Journal Citation Reports®)
All suitable articles go through double blind peer review and submission is online via the Journal of Applied Animal Research ScholarOne Manuscripts™ site.
For more submission details, see the Journal of Applied Animal Research Instruction for Authors.
- Editor in Chief: Anastasio Argüello, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain (firstname.lastname@example.org )