With the rapid development of economy and urbanization, rail transportation plays an increasingly important role with its high speed, low pollution, comfort and punctuality. In particular, China has built and is operating the largest high-speed rail network with a total length of 25,000 kilometers and an annual volume of 1.7 billion passengers.
As an open giant system, the rail transportation system is increasingly affected by complex uncertainties such as equipment, environment, human and management factors. Its operational safety and security is facing unprecedented challenges. In recent years, a large number of advanced methods addressing system safety, risk analysis, proactive safety and emergency management have been developed and have achieved good practical results.
This special issue aims to report the latest research efforts contributing to theoretical, methodological and technological advances with a focus on rail transportation safety and security, including both established and state-of-the-art solutions.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- System safety analysis of rail transportation system
- Risk identification, analysis, assessment and control of rail operation process
- Condition monitoring, health management and proactive safety assurance methods
- Public security analysis and management
- Incident impact analysis, emergency resource allocation, evacuation and emergency dispatching methods
Innovative big data analysis and machine learning methods for rail transportation safety and security
Dates for your diary
- Paper Submission Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Paper Review and Revision: December 30, 2018
- Final Acceptance: February 28, 2019
- Publication Date (expected): May 28, 2019
Journal of Transportation Safety & Security receives all manuscript submissions electronically via its ScholarOne Manuscripts site located at: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/utss.
- Guest Editor: Yong Qin , Beijing Jiaotong University, China
- Guest Editor: Ming J. Zuo, University of Alberta, Canada
- Guest Editor: K. L. Tsui, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Guest Editor: Limin Jia , Beijing Jiaotong University, China