Multimedia signal processing and internet technology are ubiquitous in our daily lives, however, a lot of relevant security issues have emerged as well, such as covert communication using multimedia files, copy-move forgery in digital images and videos, as well as biometric spoofing. To address these issues, many multimedia information security techniques were proposed utilizing the methods in areas like deep learning, signal and image processing in encrypted domains, and privacy protection. Nevertheless, there are some notable shortcomings in research methodologies. Current studies for the multimedia content security are often based on the strict conditions that are nearly impossible to meet in the real world. Furthermore, the high computational complexity of the current methods makes it hard to handle the big data in cloud computing environments. All these drawbacks limit the applications of secure techniques in practice.
This special issue will focus on the latest research on the topics of privacy protection and multimedia information security, with a particular emphasis on novel and highly efficient methodologies that have the potential to be used for big data. Possible topics for the manuscripts submitted to this special issue include, but are not limited to:
- Multimedia Fingerprinting and Traitor Tracing
- Multimedia Watermarking, Fingerprinting and Identification
- Multimedia Forensic, Authentication and Encryption
- Multimedia Privacy Protection for Big Data
- Steganography and Steganalysis for Big Data
- Signal Processing in the Encrypted Domain
- Coverless Information Hiding
- Biometrics Encryption and Hashing in cloud storages
- Source Device Identification and Linking
- Security of Large Multimedia System
- Covert Communications and Surveillance
- Deadline of manuscript submission: 30 June, 2018
- Notification of review results: 30 September, 2018
- Deadline of revised manuscript submission: 30 November, 2018
- Notification of final decisions: 31 December, 2018
Instructions for authors
- All manuscripts should follow the author instructions of IETE Technical Review at www.tandfonline.com/titr and be submitted online at ScholarOne ManuscriptsTM submission site: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/titr.
- During the submission, please indicate that your manuscript is for the special Open Access issue entitled, New Advances of Privacy Protection and Multimedia Content Security for Big Data. You will be asked for this information in step one of the submission form.
- Selected conference papers must undergo substantial extensions of at least 40% new content with respect to the original versions before submission. Please make sure to disclose and reference you’re earlier version.
- As this special issue is to be published Open Access, there will be an Article Publishing Charge (APC) for each accepted special issue article. The APC will be $1,500 US dollars.
- Guest Editor: Chuan Qin, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, China (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guest Editor: Zhenxing Qian, Fudan University, China (email@example.com)
- Guest Editor: Jinwei Wang, Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology, China (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guest Editor: Xinpeng Zhang, Fudan University, China (email@example.com)