Current business environments, including production and logistics, are and will be confronted with a great variety of emerging trends, such as growing collaboration of computational entities and networks of entities with the surrounding physical world (seen as Cyber-Physical Systems); creation and exploitation of large amounts of data/information; open hardware and software engineering; societal and business practice shifts such as digital currency (e.g.: Bitcoin, Namecoin, Litecoin), new human-machine interaction paired with advances in sensing and analytics and many more. These trends and technologies separately and together are concurrently challenging and high potential, even to the level of disruptive innovation.
The particular focus of this special issue is on Smart Cyber-Physical Systems in the context of production and logistics. We are soliciting high-quality, original papers and encourage submissions that cover the following topics (but are not limited to):
- Cyber-physical production systems (CPPS) applications
- Novel production management and tools for CPS-based production
- New approaches for the cyber-physical supply chain
- Industrial strategies for CPS and foresight
- CPS for transport
- CPS based smart factory
- Smart maintenance with CPS
- Monitoring and analytics in CPPS
- Use cases and user studies of CPS, ROI of using CPS
- Approaches for integration of CPS and the IoT
- CPS safety and security
- Big data system and data analytics for CPS
- Cognitive modelling of human users in CPSs
- Ontology-based models for CPS/Industrial IoT
- Cyber-physical systems modelling and simulation
- Cloud-based CPS
- Industry 4.0
- Digital twins of cyber-physical systems
- CPS in autonomous vehicles and unmanned vehicles
- CPS education (e.g.: curriculum development, on-line and virtual laboratories).
Authors are required to prepare their manuscripts according to the Guide for Authors available on the journal’s website at: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=tcim20&page=instructions
- Only papers describing previously unpublished, original, state-of-the-art research, and not currently under review by a conference or a journal will be considered.
- In the submission system, the authors need to indicate that the paper is for the special issue “Smart Cyber-Physical System Applications in Production and Logistics”.
- The title of the paper on the system should start with “(Smart CPS)” an example title: (Smart CPS) Digital twins in logistics.
Dates for your diary
- Deadline for manuscript submission: May 15th, 2018
- Notification to authors: August 15th, 2018
- Submission of revised versions: October 15st, 2018
- Final notification of acceptance: November 1st, 2018
- Final manuscripts due: November 30th, 2018
- Guest Editor: Elisabeth Ilie-Zudor, MTA-SZTAKI Budapest, Hungary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guest Editor: Aniko Ekart, Aston University Birmingham, UK (email@example.com)
- Guest Editor: Davy Preuveneers, imec-DistriNet-KU Leuven Leuven, Belgium (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guest Editor: Eckhard Hohwieler, Fraunhofer IPK Berlin, Germany (email@example.com)