Telerobotics is one of the most growing fields of robotics. The developments in telerobotics are based on various technologies developed in other technical areas such as speech and gestures recognition (artificial intelligence), predictive simulators (computer graphics), and human-machine interfaces (virtual reality and haptic interfaces). Furthermore, Internet is now a far-reaching medium and offers a wide-ranging platform for proliferation of telerobotic applications.
This special issue will focus on new challenges and horizons in telerobotics, especially with regard to their real-life applications.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Tele-Healthcare, Tele-Human Support
- Space Telerobotics
- Physical Interactions and Interfaces Using Telerobotics
- Shared Autonomy in Telerobotics for Learning
- Real-Time Control and Delay Compensation for Telerobotics
The full-length manuscript (either PDF file or MS word file) should be sent by March 31, 2017 to the office of Advanced Robotics, the Robotics Society of Japan through the homepage of Advanced Robotics. Instructions for authors and sample form of the manuscript are available at the homepage.
Please send another copy to Prof. Seiichiro Katsura (email@example.com) for submission confirmation.
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Seiichiro Katsura, Keio University
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Jordi Artigas, DLR German Aerospace Center
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Mahdi Tavakoli, University of Alberta
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Shahin Sirouspour, McMaster University
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Keehoon Kim, Korea Institute of Science and Technology
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Dongjun Lee, Seoul National University