The EIC of The Community College Journal of Research and Practice (CCJRP) has agreed to publish a special issue of select papers of research conducted by graduate students. This special issue will create a space where graduate students can disseminate their research about community colleges. Papers submitted for publication will be peer reviewed in 2018 and, if accepted, published in 2019.
Please refer to the following link for details regarding guidelines for manuscripts: http://www.tandfonline.com/UCJC and click on the “Authors and Submissions” tab.
The special issue will help bring an awareness of community colleges by providing an exchange of ideas, research, and empirically tested educational innovations, through the lens of graduate students. This special issue will provide access to graduate students to publish their research as first authors, but not limited to receiving mentorship and assistance from faculty. In addition, this special issue will be the first of its kind that allows graduate students to be the first author and publish in a peer reviewed journal. Our hope is that this special issue brings together a diversity of experiences and perspectives of the context and complexity of community colleges.
Each manuscript must be accompanied by a statement that it has not been published elsewhere and that it has not been submitted simultaneously for publication elsewhere. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyrighted material from other sources and are required to sign an agreement for the transfer of copyright to the publisher. All accepted manuscripts, artwork, and photographs become the property of the publisher. The copyright release form is available on the web site listed above and must be signed prior to publication.
Along with full-length manuscripts (not to exceed 20-25 pages total double spaced), shorter manuscripts (not to exceed five pages total double spaced) are encouraged for the Exchange section featuring thoughtful scholarly papers and research. A recommended format for Exchange papers is available on the CCJRP website.
We are now accepting submissions via ScholarOne for this Graduate Students’ Research Special Issue. Please submit manuscripts in MS Word format to http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ucjc. For detailed instructions, so the "Instructions for submitting' section below.
Instructions on submitting your 'graduate students’ research' special issue manuscript via ScholarOne
In order to facilitate the submission process as efficiently as possible, this year we are asking that you submit your blinded paper to our ScholarOne online submission site at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ucjc.
Failure to submit via ScholarOne will prevent your paper from being considered for review.
How to Submit via ScholarOne:
- If you are not yet registered in ScholarOne with the Community College Journal of Research and Practice, please register at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ucjc.
- In the Author Center, click on the flashing star icon that reads, Click here to submit a new manuscript.
- In Section 1 Type, Title, & Abstract, under Manuscript Type, select "Special Issue" from the drop- down menu.
- In Section 4 Detail & Comments indicate "Yes" on the question: Is the manuscript a candidate for a special issue? Then type in "Graduate Students’ Research" in the comment box that asks If Yes, what is the title of the special issue?
- In Section 5 File Upload, upload your paper as a "Main Document" and a separate title page as "Title Page not for review" from the drop-down menu. Figures and tables should also be submitted as separate files and indicated as "Figure" or "Table" files from the drop-down menu.
- Click Submit after completing all required submission steps. You will see a Submission Confirmation page with your Manuscript ID.
If you have any questions, be in touch with any of the guest editors. We look forward to receiving your submission. Early submissions are encouraged.
- Editor-in-Chief: Deborah L. Floyd, Florida Atlantic University (CCJRP@Fau.Edu)