The Community College Journal of Research and Practice (CCJRP) is peer-reviewed scholarly journal that is published 12 times per year. It promotes an increased awareness of community college issues by providing an exchange of ideas, research, and empirically tested educational innovations.
The Editor-in-Chief of The Community College Journal of Research and Practice (CCJRP) welcomes proposals for special issues relevant to the readership of the journal. Special issue proposals may be submitted at any time.
All proposals should be between 5-10 pages in length and must include the following components:
- Special Issue Proposed Title
- Editor(s) names, titles, institutional affiliations, and reach information
- Brief 100-word editor(s) bios
- Statement of Purpose
- Intended audience and relevance to journal readership
- A Table of Contents
- A brief summary of article titles and suggested authors, and their institutional affiliations
- Estimated page length
- Timeline for submission (when articles will be ready for online submission and review) and expectations for publication
Proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevancy to readership of journal and potential contribution to the field
- Level of quality of proposed articles and suggested authors
- Completeness, organization, and coherence of proposal
- Feasibility of proposal timeline
Submit proposals in word format to the Editor-in Chief, Dr. Deborah L. Floyd via email. Please include “SPECIAL ISSUE PROPOSAL” in the subject line of the email.
For additional information about the journal, click here.
- Editor-in-Chief: Deborah L. Floyd, Florida Atlantic University (CCJRP@Fau.Edu)