Educational Research and Evaluation is a fully refereed international journal publishing original academic articles that promote educational processes and outcomes that are both well-informed and evidence-based. The journal is deliberately multi-disciplinary and broad in its scope, and addresses rigorous research and evaluation at all levels, and in all sectors and ages of education.
The journal publishes papers which report results of:
- original research and evaluation studies;
- secondary analyses of existing (international) data sets;
- meta-analyses and reviews synthesizing evidence; and
- guidelines for practice.
Educational Research and Evaluation also invites articles about the use and evaluation of evidence in practice, theoretical, conceptual, methodological, and substantive issues in research and evaluation, as well as position papers related to issues about evidence-based education.
Take a look inside the journal to see the type of articles published in Educational Research and Evaluation with these free-to-access articles.
- Accounting for previous performance of students by means of growth curves analyses to estimate the size, stability, and consistency of school effects, Anneke Timmermans & Greetje van der Werf
- The perspective of “limited malleability” in educational effectiveness: treatment effects in schooling, Jaap Scheerens
- Teacher collaboration in curriculum design teams: effects, mechanisms, and conditions, Joke M. Voogt, Jules M. Pieters, & Adam Handelzalts
Submitting your work
In addition to the prestige of publishing in this multi-disciplinary journal, authors receive the following benefits:
- Validate your research through a robust peer review process
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site
- Immediately see the impact your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
Please see our 'Instructions for Authors' page for complete and detailed instructions on submitting your work to Educational Research and Evaluation.
We look forward to your submissions!
- Co-Editor: Greetje van der Werf, University of Groningen, The Netherlands (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Co-Editor: Keith Morrison, Macau University of Science and Technology, Macau, P.R. China (email@example.com)
- Deputy Editor: Ralf Maslowski, University of Groningen, The Netherlands (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Reviews Editor: Beng Huat See, Educational Research and Evaluation, School of Education, Durham University, Leazes Road, Durham, DH1 1TA, UK (email@example.com)