Aim of the award
Targeted to researchers in college or university, public or private schools, or other educational agencies, this award, sponsored by Bath Spa Institute for Education, aims at recognising a single authored or multi-authored original paper that focuses on the development of teacher education policy in one or more European countries. Based on analytic or empirical research, the paper should add to existing scholarship of teacher education policy as well as to foster and reward investigation in this field.
The awarded article will receive consideration for its suitability for publication in EJTE (European Journal of Teacher Education) through further peer-review.
The successful article will be awarded 900 EUR, provided by the sponsor Bath Spa University - Institute for Education. This money should preferably be used to promote research on teacher education policy.
The ATEE Treasury will inform the winner/s of the refund policy.
To be accepted for this award bid, articles must obey to the following set of conditions:
- involve systematic enquiry of an empirical or analytic nature;
- deal with a European or international perspective of Teacher Education Policy;
- have not yet been published or accepted for publication;
- have not been submitted to a previous ATEE awards bid;
- be a single or a multi-author article;
- be written in English, French, or German;
- be accompanied by an (extra) English 1000 words abstract if they are written in French or German;
- be 6000 words maximum;
- follow the guidelines for EJTE.
The award is open to:
- ATEE individual members (with an up to date membership fee)
- staff from an ATEE institutional member (with an up to date membership fee)
- to participants registered for the 2017 ATEE Annual Conference
- to participants in the 2014-2016 ATEE conferences
- multi-author articles must have at least one authors in one of the conditions a) to d);
A (co)author can sign only one submission for this award.
The winner of the award will be revealed at the 2017 ATEE annual conference and the awarded article will also be announced on the ATEE's website.
Instructions for Submissions
Submissions format and deadline
All entries must be submitted as an anonymous Word document article (without author’s, institution’s and country’s names), organized according to the EJTE guidelines, and including a cover sheet with author’s name, title, institution, mailing address, phone number and email of the author.
The deadline for the presentation of applications is 30th June 2017 (midnight, Brussels time).
All entries must be submitted as an e-mail attachment, to be sent to ATEE Secretariat: email@example.com
Articles submitted and that follow the submission criteria will be evaluated by the ATEE Awards Scientific Committee.
The assessment criteria are the following:
- Relevance and contribution to the profession. The proposal should: i) be directly related Teacher Education Policy; ii) be relevant in a national or European perspective. iii) have a direct impact on practice, policy and/or debate on Teacher Education Policy.
- Innovation. The research should: i) focus on an innovative issue; ii) adopt an innovative methodological approach; iii) further expand research in Teacher Education Policy.
- Research quality. The analysis of the quality of the research will concentrate on: i) research question/s; ii) theoretical framework; iii) research methods; iv) data analysis and discussion; v) conclusions and implications for teacher education policy development; vi) internal consistency of the article.
- Writing quality. The paper should be: i) written in a correct English, French or German; ii) understandable by an international audience.
The award will not be granted if no submission is of high enough quality to fully fulfil the criteria set for the award.
ATEE aisbl – Association for Teacher Education in Europe
Rue de la presse 4
B 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Ph. +32 (0)479 604119
Fax +32 (0)2 2272790