Call for Associate Editor
Journal of Sport Psychology in Action
We are seeking applications for the role of an Associate Editor of the Journal of Sport Psychology in Action (JSPA). The aim of the JSPA is to provide mental performance and psychology practitioners involved in the sport industry with sound information that is immediately applicable to their work. It provides practitioners with useful and sensible informed guidance that will make a difference in the way they practice. JSPA therefore has as its scope any information that leads to better understanding, assessing, and intervening with clients (individuals, families, groups, organizations, community) in the field of sport psychology in order to promote effective functioning and create positive change.
The responsibilities of a JSPA Associate Editor are to:
• Select and invite experts to review manuscripts submitted to the journal
• Review manuscripts submitted to the journal
• Recommend to the Editor-in-Chief about how to proceed with reviewed manuscripts
• Liaise with and advise the Editor-in-Chief about matters arising related to the journal
• Promote the journal using various forms of media
• Complete other reasonable and related tasks as requested by the Editor-in-Chief
The position is a fixed-term of three years (beginning January 2018), with an associated stipend of $750 per annum and the potential for reappointment.
The successful applicant will demonstrate evidence of the following:
• A postgraduate qualification in applied sport psychology or related area
• Experience on the editorial board of a peer-reviewed journal
• Current, full membership of AASP
• A passion for the application of sport psychology
• A sound understanding of the aim and scope of JSPA, particularly the writing style requirements which are somewhat unique to the journal
• A thorough knowledge of both researcher and practitioner expertise in multiple areas of sport psychology
• A thorough understanding of AASP and APA ethical codes and guidelines
• Ability to make difficult but decisive decisions
• Time available to adequately complete role
• Professional, punctual, and reliable
To apply for the position, candidates should send a two-page summary CV and 400 word statement of interest that addresses their fit for the role to Professor Ian Maynard at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is Monday, December 11, 2017 at 12 noon (GMT).