The Journal of Library Administration is currently seeking articles and proposals for the journal’s “Strategic Planning and Assessment” column. The Journal of Library Administration is the primary source of information on the effective management of libraries. Stressing the practical, this forward-looking journal provides information that library administrators need to efficiently and effectively manage their organizations.
The “Strategic Planning and Assessment” column focuses on all aspects of planning and assessment including (but not limited to) components, methods, approaches, trends, tools and training in all types of libraries.
The column will examine the interconnection between current trends and applications and will consider such topics as:
- Strategic planning versus strategic thinking.
- Why some strategic plans fail and others thrive?
- Positive and negative impacts of strategic planning and assessment
- SWOT analysis versus Appreciate Inquiry
- Staffing and training for strategic planning and assessment
- New metrics for new challenges
- Value metrics
- The role of planning and assessment in budget allocation, public services (staffing and locating service points) and building and renovating facilities
- Analyzing and presenting results of planning and assessment
- Continuous improvement cycle
- Planning and assessment as tools for organizational change
Interested authors are invited to submit proposals and articles to the column editor Wanda Dole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles on both theory and practice and examples of both successful and unsuccessful attempts in all types of libraries are invited. Articles should be at least 4000 words and written in Microsoft Word format.
For more information about the Journal of Library Administration, including complete submission instructions, please visit the journal’s webpage: www.tandfonline.com/WJLA
- Editor-in-Chief: Gary M. Pitkin, University of Northern Colorado (Emeritus)
- Column Editor: Wanda V. Dole, University of Arkansas at Little Rock (Emeritus)