The Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science: Bridging Asia and the World (JGSMS) invites authors to submit manuscripts for a Special Issue on “Consumer Behavior in Hospitality and Tourism”.
Scope of the Special Issue: Consumer behavior is one of the most explored topics by both academicians and industry practitioners. Consumer behavior has been defined by Engel, Blackwell and Miniard (2001) as 'those activities directly involved in obtaining, consuming, and disposing of products and services including the decision processes that precedes and follows these actions'. This definition emphasizes the importance of psychological process that consumer goes through during the pre-purchase, purchase and post - purchase stages. Consumer behavior is primarily linking consumer decision making process to their consumption choice and experience. A consumer decision is the result of a mental process in which one alternative is specifically selected from a set of available options (Moutinho, 1987). Through understanding the decision-making process, marketers seeks to understand why, how and when consumers make decisions (Hyde & Lawson, 2003). This is also significant as understanding of consumer behavior would be helpful and useful for marketers to know ways to improve their marketing and promotional strategies in order to offer better quality of products and services. To achieve these objectives various models have been developed to understand and control the consumer behavior patterns. Research on consumer behavior in hospitality and tourism industry continues to test, apply, and extend theories developed, which is necessary in contributing to theory development (Mattila, 2004). Therefore, an effort to develop the research studies on consumer behavior in hospitality and tourism is the vital need of the day.
This special issue aims to enrich and update the existing body of knowledge on consumer behavior in general and hospitality and tourism in particular. The guest editors therefore, encourage the contributors to forward both conceptual and empirical papers reflecting current ethos and concerns in the sphere of hospitality and tourism consumers' behavior.
The submissions should explore the evolving scopes but not limited to the following themes:
- Consumer motivation
- Consumer information search behavior
- Consumer purchasing behavior
- Consumer post purchase behavior
- Consumer behavioral intentions
- Emotional constructs relating to consumer behavior
- Innovative consumer behavior models
- Service quality, satisfaction and loyalty building behavior
- Consumer perceptions on services and products
- Consumers' reflections on experience
- Cross-cultural influences on consumer behavior
- E-consumer behavior
- E-WOM and social media on consumer behavior
- Technological interface in consumer behavior
- Influence of big data analytics, social media and apps on tourism and hospitality
- Other future trends in consumer behavior
- Social and ethical issues on consumer behavior
- Consumer behavior and marketing
The authors willing to contribute may contact one of the guest editors regarding topics of interest or any questions / suggestions regarding the special issue.
The abstract in about 400 words should be e-mailed as MS word attachment file by December 31, 2017 to the guest editors.
The guest editors will provide feedback to the contributor on each submitted abstract by January 15, 2018.
Author guidelines for JGSMS can be found: here.
Submitted full papers will be peer-reviewed by international scholars. The co-editors and special issue blind reviewers are solely responsible for accept/reject decisions for submitted manuscripts.
Abstract Submission: December 31, 2017
Feedback on the abstract by the editor: January 15, 2018
Full Paper Submission: March 31, 2018
Initial Review Report: July 15, 2018
Revisions and Decision: August 15, 2018
Publication Date: October, 2018
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Saurabh Kumar Dixit, Department of Tourism and Hotel Management, North - Eastern Hill University, Shillong, India (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Kuan-Huei Lee, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore (KuanHuei.Lee@SingaporeTech.edu.sg)
- Special Issue Guest Editor: Poh Theng (Beatrice) Loo, International Tourism and Hospitality Department, I-Shou University, Taiwan (email@example.com)